A lot of times, when we have bad days… sometimes we just need to do something that will get our mind off of things. Things such as negative thoughts. We start to feel down and lack confidence and self-esteem whenever we get lost in our negative thoughts. We’re only human so it’s normal to do that. That’s when self-care ideas step in of course.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. Please see the full disclosure policy for more info.
Whenever we have bad days, we need to change how we respond to them. Bad things are gonna happen in life. There is no doubt about that. But don’t let it get you to a point where you’re crashing– mentally. It’s not worth it.. especially if it is something you cannot control. I finally realized that and once I learned to just let go, I coped with having a bad day a lot better.
Changing the way you respond to a bad day will help you take care of your mental health. By doing so, you are allowing your brain to have a little break. Your mind is probably already filled with thoughts consumed with stress. So one less problem will do you some good.
Stop what you are doing. Close your eyes. Tell yourself “I love you.” If you are having a bad day. Just think how blessed you are for even being alive today. Don’t stay torn down. I know that’s a lot easier said than done. But just give it a try!
Here are 35 self-care ideas to try whenever you are feeling a little down or having a bad day. It’s worth a try. I promise!
1. Go out for coffee.
2. Laugh at something.
3. Draw or paint.
4. Blast your favorite playlist.
5. Take your dog for a walk.
6. Go to the gym.
7. Clean out your social media accounts.
8. Dance, even if you can’t.
9. Write down what you feel.
10. Call a friend or loved one just to talk.
11. Practice gratitude.
12. Learn something new.
13. Cook something you’ve never eaten before.
14. Go outside.
16. Refrain from social media for the rest of the day.
17. Netflix and chill with yourself.
18. Eat your favorite snack.
19. Try out a new hobby.
20. Sing at the top of your lungs.
21. Hang out with friends.
22. Take yourself shopping.
23. Have an at home SPA day.
24. Say positive affirmations to yourself in the mirror.
25. Get out of the house.
26. Practice mindfulness.
27. Do something you love.
28. Light a candle and relax.
29. Do yoga.
30. Binge watch a new series.
31. Write down positive thoughts when you think negatively.
33. Reach out to someone you trust and vent.
34. Clean up around the house.
35. Think of how blessed you are.
Whenever I’m at home and don’t really want to get out of the house, I often clean up around the house while sipping some wine and listening to music. Staying busy reduces my anxiety in a way. It helps a lot in my case. And whenever I am in the mood to get out, I go to the gym or take my dog Sophie to the park. I’ll take myself shopping only when I have the extra money to spend.
Related: Why loving yourself is so important