Affirmations are positive statements that are said about yourself and your life. This is also known as practicing forms of self-compassion and self-love. In this blog post, I will give you 40 positive affirmations for anxiety & depression and explain to you how they can benefit you.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. Please see the full disclosure policy for more info.
Practicing positive affirmations for anxiety and depression relief can encourage positive thinking patterns and align your mindset with the person you want to be. Affirmations can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts. This is important because when you repeat them often and believe in them, you can start to make positive changes in your life and feel good inside.
There’s no lie behind depression and anxiety being hard to cope with. But with the help of affirmations, things can take a turn for the better. I do truly believe this.
Benefits of saying positive affirmations:
- Motivate you to act
- Make you feel positive about yourself
- Release negative thought patterns
- Concentrate on your goals
Best ways to practice affirmations:
- Write them down in a journal. Writing down your affirmations in a personal journal will allow you to keep up with your thoughts and feelings that follow them.
- Use affirmation cards. These cards are perfect and easy to use when you need a quick uplifting.
- Say them out loud. If you can remember all of them, say them out loud while looking at yourself in the mirror.